Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ever Changing Wind.

So I've had my Wind for a few months now, and last night I think I completed it's evolution by installing the latest Bios 1.09

Back when I first read about the MSI Wind there were three things that got my attention

  • a 10 inch screen
  • an 80 GB Sata HD
  • the ability to over or under clock the CPU on demand
Well the Wind started shipping and the first thing people noticed was the over clocking feature was missing. MSI had removed it from the Bios and there was no word about it ever coming back. Like a lot of others I decided to buy a Wind anyway and I haven't had any regrets, so far I have:

  • added another stick of Ram giving me a total of 2 GB
  • installed a Dell 1490 Wifi card which works in Ubuntu, XP and OS X
  • applied a custom skin from skinit.com
  • installed a 320 GB Western Digital Scorpio
  • installed Ubuntu 8.10 w/netbook remix, XP home and OS X 10.5
  • updated the Bios to 1.09 w/over clocking set to 15%
Now I can sit back and enjoy my triple booting goodness... at least until I hear of another great mod for my Wind.

No comments: